Join our team of hardworking individuals that make a difference in our community.
New Life Furniture Bank (NLFB) is Greater Cincinnati’s only furniture bank. A furniture bank works like a food pantry: local residents and businesses donate gently used, basic household furniture that is gathered by New Life Furniture Bank’s staff. Beds, dressers, tables, chairs, sofas, and lamps are stored briefly in a warehouse until they are selected to furnish the empty, unfurnished homes of low-income families living within Greater Cincinnati.
The chief objective is to work with social service agencies to help families overcoming homelessness, domestic abuse, extreme poverty or other devastating circumstances by providing basic, essential furnishings. Case workers locate permanent housing and NLFB furnishes the unfurnished dwellings. This dramatically improves the living conditions for many low-income Greater Cincinnati residents and significantly increases the likelihood that they will remain in stable housing.
NLFB is a faith-based, 501(c)(3) nonprofit, founded in 2009, that is funded primarily by direct public support including community grants, corporate and individual donations, private support, and fundraising efforts. Approximately 1/3 of the annual revenue is “program income” from fees charged to the social service agencies that refer clients for furnishings. NLFB is not presently a United Way agency and does not receive any service-specific government funding. For FY 2020 (1/1/2020 – 12/31/2020), NLFB’s annual revenue was $832,821 and 2021 annual budget is $1,008,600.
Movers & Drivers
New Life Furniture – Mission / Vision and Background:
- Mission: To provide gently used furniture to families in need.
- Vision: To help end the cycle of homelessness by delivering a ‘missing piece’.
We are looking to grow our team of enthusiastic, fun and compassionate individuals who have a heart for serving those in need in Cincinnati. We are a rapidly growing, faith-based, non-profit offering flexible schedules, competitive pay, benefits, and outstanding work environment. Mover/Driver positions are responsible for all aspects of picking up and delivering furniture including loading, unloading, and driving of NLFB trucks. Responsible for final approval of donated items based on established criteria and recording the movement of furniture in and out of the warehouses, and other storage locations.
- 3 weeks paid time off in the first year plus 7 paid holidays
- Medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability Insurance
- $15 to $18 an hour based on experience
- Part or full-time positions available
New Life Furniture Thrift Store - Sales Associate
The Thrift Store Associate is responsible for assisting customers as they shop within the store. The duties include greeting customers, answering questions related to the merchandise and store policies and locating items for customers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Customer Service: Providing excellent customer service.
- Cash Register Procedures: Follows all cash register operating procedures. Handles cash, credit cards, and other register transactions.
- Follow opening and closing procedures – may be responsible for opening and/or closing the store in place of the Store Manager.
- Pricing and Sorting – Each employee is assigned a general merchandise area and required to learn and follow the pricing guidelines for that area.
- Product Knowledge: Each associate should know the location of merchandise on the sales floor, what we do and don’t carry, and be aware of current in-store sales and promotions.
- Stock/Rotation: The associate stocks the sales floor with priced merchandise, placing it in the proper location.
- Donation receiving: the associate receives donations from donors and records the receipt of items. • Loss prevention and dressing room monitoring: the associate follows store policy and procedures for shrinkage prevention. This includes, but is not limited to, bag checking, greeting customers, and reporting unusual behavior to the manager.